Años de los muertos is a series of Vanitas oilpaintings by cornelia es said that are now available as NFTs (non-fungible tokens). Vanitas paintings have a long tradition that goes back to the Middle Ages. Skulls were and are the ultimate symbol of impermanence – and in times of a global pandemic there are more deaths than ever. This series of skulls is dedicated to all those who succumbed to illness, hunger or war and to their loved ones.
The digital reproductions of the original oilpaintings will be minted as #NFTs on the Cardano Blockchain: one of the most eco-friendly crypto-currencies. Cardano works with a PoS-protocol (proof-of-stake) that doesn’t need huge amounts of energy to mine the currency. Instead transactions are verified by other, already trusted, transactions.
How to buy the Años de los Muertos NFTs?
In order to buy one of my Vanitas-paintings from the series Años de los Muertos as NFTs you just need some of Cardano’s ADA crypto currency and a wallet. And of xourse you have to subscribe to my newsletter or the krautart twitter profile in order to get noticed as soon as the next drop starts.
How to buy Vanitas #NFTart it step by step
- open an account on a crypto-platform, where you can buy and sell crypto. There are several, like binance, eToro etc. but for beginners Coinbase is the easiest to handle. On the legally reputable crypto-marketplaces you have to verify yourself with your passport.
- After your account is verified, transfer some funds from your bank account to coinbase.
- Buy $ADA
- Get yourself a Wallet
- Add a wallet-extension like e.g. Nami to your browser.
- download a paper-wallet like Yoroi
- Send your $ADA from coinbase to your wallet
- Wait until the drop happens and go shopping.
I will announce the drops of the Años de los Muertos NFTs on Twitter and via Newsletter.
You only have to do the setup-process once. As soon as your crypto-wallet is in place, shopping has never been easier 🙂